150 Best Indian, Thai, Vietnamese and More Slow Cooker Recipes
Who would think that the Asian curries can be cooked with slow cooker? Well, for those who’re healthy-curious may feel like in the heaven for the tasty recipes which are full of veggies, gluten-free, lactose-free (for most), less cholesterol and rich aromatic smells of various kinds of spices recipes. Also, this cookbook will definitely be appreciated by the vegetarians. Sunil Vijayakar, a London-based cookbook author and food stylist, wisely presents the interesting menus from South Asian and Southeast Asian much simpler way and safer time, by using your slow cooker.
This 208 pages cookbook begins with the useful foundation of using the slow cooker. The book is well-organized by the types of main ingredients. Then you’ll see the book sorting into meats, poultry and eggs, fish and shellfish, vegetables, fruits and nuts, rice and beans and side dishes. Each page provides informative guidelines of prep times, number of servings, levels of spicy heat (or heat ratings showed in flame icons) and how-to, which is easy to work with to enjoy 150 delightful dishes. The mouth-watering full-colored photos are some of the bonus from this oversized paperback.
From our points of view, this isn’t only an astonishing ethnic cookbook but a great adaptation of cooking. As you may know, Eastern food has quite complicated process than throwing everything in the pot and wait until eatable. However, Sunil Vijayakar brings the creative idea for less preparing, easier cooking, as well as using simple ingredients which could be found in most grocery stores. Though many dishes required more steps than normal treats of set-it-and-forget-it practice, the heavenly distinct flavors of Asian spices are definitely worth for.
- Who wrote it: Sunil Vijayakar
- Publisher: Robert Rose
- Publish Year: January, 2012
- Highlight: There are numerous choices of delightful Asian dishes, tons of tips, helpful suggestion, full of vegetable dishes, and selected heat ratings for healthier life.
- Number of Recipes: 150 recipes
- Example Recipes: Hot and Sour Thai Fish Curry, Vietnamese Spiced Beef and Noodle Broth, goat xacuti curry, Cambodian pork and lemongrass curry, Sindhi beef curry, Sweet Mango Chutney, Trivandrum Chicken and Coconut Curry, Lemongrass Curry to Lamb Biriyani and Filipino Green Papaya Curry